two paragraphs each
1. “Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)”
- Many companies, large and small, have implemented Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies allowing employees to use their personal smartphones and tablets to conduct business while at work. Debate the major pros and cons of implementing such a policy.
- Identify three risks that might result from implementing a BYOD policy. Suggest a method for mitigating each risk you have identified. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. “Software as a Service” Please respond to the following:
- SOSE (Service Oriented Software Engineering) is a modern approach in the field of software engineering, while service-oriented architecture (SOA) is a methodology to build the system — or, in other words, is a different style of system development. In this discussion, consider the following items as they relate to your reading for the week. Post your initial response by Wednesday and then return a couple of other days to interact fully with some classmates before the due date.
- Share an analogy of what you understand SOSE to be versus SOA. Fully develop your idea so your classmates can understand SOSE in a different way.
- What approach do you identify with most closely and why? Do you think you might change your mind after you start working in the field? If you already work in software development, what have you learned in school that you think you might be able to use to get better at your job? Have you changed your approach? Why or why not? Your classmates are interested to share in your experience. If you are experienced in the field, please share items that might help them choose a methodology.