Assignment 2: Discussion—Business as an Agent of World Benefit
Access the World Inquiry’s Innovation Bank Web site from this module’s readings. Then, read at least five mini case studies where companies made money by serving societal needs.
On the basis of the cases that you read, answer the following question:
- Is the business as an agent of world benefit (BAWB) an academic fad or a change in business principles? Why?
In a minimum of 300 words, post your responses using critical thinking and analysis.
- By the due date assigned, post your responses to this Discussion Area. Support your assumptions by citing the source material used for this discussion in APA format.
- Through the end of the module, respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts. While responding, be sure to share your thoughts appropriately whether in agreement or disagreement. Provide substantive comments by contributing new, relevant information or quotes from course readings, websites, or other sources; by building on the remarks or questions of others; or by sharing practical examples of key concepts from your experiences—professional or personal.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments to at least two peers on a minimum of two different days by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.