In Unit 9, you will be submitting a PowerPoint presentation as part of your assignment. To prepare for this assignment, read the following resources.
- Guidelines for Effective PowerPoint Presentations.
- How to prevent death by PowerPoint. (2015). Journal of Accountancy, 220(2), 20–21.
- Schmaltz, R. M., & Enstrom, R. (2014). Death to weak PowerPoint: Strategies to create effective visual presentations. Frontiers in Psychology, 5(1138), 1–4.
Use your Neukrug textbook to read the following.
- Chapter 5, “The Helping Interview: Skills, Process, and Case Management,” pages 99–132.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Align human services roles with a selected service delivery model.
- Describe skills and knowledge needed for different human services roles.
- Apply the principles of effective composition.
- Develop communications appropriate for the audience.
Final Case Study and Recommendations
In this assignment, you will finalize your case study making recommendations for needed services and planning for their implementation. You will create two documents for this assignment, one paper of 8–10 pages as the final course project and a PowerPoint presentation of 8–10 slides with speakers notes. The PowerPoint presentation should be made to a hypothetical team of professionals working on the issues in your case study. It should summarize your analysis of the case study including theoretical orientation and recommended service implementation.
Paper – In Unit 5, you conducted a literature review, which most likely revealed many new perspectives, approaches, and solutions to problems. This week, you will revise your submissions from Unit 3, 5 and 7 to construct your final course paper. Each of those units should be combined to create one document that is integrated and presents a holistic perspective of human service theories, service delivery models, and roles. Respond to any questions related to ethical conflicts and dilemmas presented in Unit 3. Incorporate recommendations for the case study and what functions each of the human service professionals will perform in the case study.
PowerPointâ – Your PowerPoint presentation should include the following:
- Provide an overview of the case study you have chosen to focus on for your final course paper.
- Areas for exploration and next steps
- In more detail, describe 2–3 big ideas you have already started to uncover because of your literature review. Describe the roles and responsibilities of the human service professionals you selected for your case study. Cite the Ethical Standards for Human Services Professionals linked in the Resources as you discuss ethical considerations.
- Provide a brief conclusion describing the overall plan for recommendations.
Refer to the APA Style and Format link in the Resources for guidance on formatting all assignments in this course.
- Turnitin: Submit your assignment to Turnitin and upload your Report of Similarity along with your assignment.
- Font: 12-point Times or Times New Roman, double-spaced.
- Writing: Writing should be clear, organized, and free of errors; it should also follow professional standards.
- Research: Use at least four academic sources; at least two of those sources should not be course materials.
- Paper Length: Your paper should be 8–10 pages, not including the cover page or reference page.
- PowerPointâ Length: Your PowerPoint presentation should be 8–10 slides with speaker’s notes.
- Format: Follow current APA style and formatting guidelines.
Make sure to review the scoring guide for this assignment to familiarize yourself with the criteria on which you will be assessed.