Describe in detail the logistics and supply chain management system of your firm. Begin with the inputs of material or resources in a service firm; describe the internal tasks, and then the output. A process flow chart must be created to display the steps graphically.
The Systems Description paper:
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least one outside academic research resource in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Murphy, P.R., Jr. & Wood, D.F. (2011). Contemporary logistics (10th ed.). Upper Saddle River: NJ: Pearson-Prentice Hall.
Week 1 of this course will cover the following two chapters of the textbook.
Chapter 1: An Overview of Logistics
Chapter 5: The Supply Chain Management Concept