ead the following case study:
- Outsourcing Corporate Accountability by: Parella, Kishanthi. Washington Law Review, Oct2014, Vol. 89 Issue 3, p747-818, 72p
Analyze the case. In your case analysis, address the following:
- Summarize the basic issues of government governance presented in the report.
- Describe NIKE and FOXCONN business strategies and how they involved controversial manufacturing relations. Discuss your opinions about these strategies.
- Explain why firms such as NIKE choose to outsource and send abroad what they used to do at home.
- Explain how the tragedies at FOXCONN could have been prevented by the Chinese government.
- Describe how outsourcing in this article has taken away some corporate accountabilities.
- Do you think that NIKE and FOXCONN have manipulated the International Labor practices? Support your rationales.
- As the U.S. Secretary of Labor, explain how you would help enforce global labor practices in under developed nations around the world?