ANSWER QUESTION: STEP 2 QUESTION#4 AND STEP 3 QUESTION #5
It is important for the health information manager to be able to determine if the research information being used is good research data and collected appropriately.
Every week during this class, you will be working with a group to complete a group assignment. Each week there will be a different assignment with different requirements.
In order to receive credit for the group project, students must have demonstrated participation in the project. Participation is measured by the group discussion board, group file exchanges, and recorded group collaborate sessions. Individual assignments will not be accepted.
Be sure to review the grading rubric weekly for each group assignment.
Step One: Using the Herzing library, CDC website, or AHIMA website, locate an epidemiology study.
Step Two: Evaluate the research study that you have located by answering the following questions
- What is the research approach (quantitative, qualitative, mixed methods)?
- What is the research design?
- What are the key factors that lead you to select this research design?
- What was the research question or problem?
- What was the research process?
Step Three: Justify the use of the selected research design.
- Was this the best design for this type of study? Why or Why not?
- What were the key factors of the study that lead to the selection of this research design?
- Could another research design have been used? If so, which one? Why would this alternative design not have been used?
- What are the strengths in using this research design for this study?
- What are the weakness in using this research design for this study?
Step Four: Submit your responses in an APA written report (2 to 3 pages). Do not submit as questions/answers instead create a report which contains the responses. Be sure to include title page and appropriate references