Assignment 2: Fostering a Culture of Change
This assignment is nongraded but will deepen your understanding in preparation for the final major assignment. It is highly recommended that you complete it.
In this module, you have also explored some of the challenges and opportunities that change leaders face and the role and impact of culture on organizations facing change. In this assignment, you will assess the role of a change leader and the common mistakes and challenges he or she faces when initiating and bringing about change.
Research case examples regarding change leadership, challenges and resistance to change, and common mistakes made during times of change within organizations. Use resources from professional literature in your research. Professional literature may include the Argosy University online library resources; relevant textbooks; peer-reviewed journal articles; and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
Based on your research and experience, in a minimum of 400 words, respond to the following points:
- Using the Internet and/or the Argosy University online library resources, locate a real-world case study where an organization faced resistance to change. Describe some of the challenges faced by the change leader and how he or she overcame them.
- Examine some of the common reasons for resistance to change and suggest some possible solutions. Support with a rationale.
- Describe some of the common mistakes that might have occurred. Identify any lessons learned.
- Describe some of the opportunities that the leaders may have taken the advantage of.
- As a change leader, recommend some ethical strategies to foster a change-friendly culture.