Week 8 Discussion,
“Streaming Live and Harlem Renaissance” Please respond to one (1) of the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
Please respond in a primary posting of at least 200 words. In addition, please make a substantive comment of at least 100 words to at least one  of your classmates. Subsequent comments may be shorter.
- Write for one (1) minute using the stream of consciousness writing method (Note: You may also type it offline and copy it within this discussion thread). Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Of the samples of the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters, determine which you prefer and explain the reasons why.
- Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want, and explain the reasons why. Provide one (1) example that illustrates the reason why you selected the person that you did.
- Chapter 35 (pp. 1163-1166); Chapter 36 (p. 1189), stream of consciousness – background and samples
- Method and exploration of stream-of-consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream-of-conscousness-writing/
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream-of-consciousness/ and http://literarydevices.net/stream-of-consciousness/
Week 8 Discussion:
“Grammar and Writing Conventions” Please respond to the following:
- State two (2) possible outcomes of a writer neglecting to use correct basic rules of writing and grammar and punctuation rules when communicating electronically in the workplace.
- Share your experience receiving a professional communication (text, email, memo, or letter) that did not adhere to writing conventions and / or used incorrect grammar and punctuation; then explain the impact of these issues on the failure of the communication.
- Chapter 36 (pp. 1172-1180); review the Week 8 “Music Folder”
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem-renaissance
No Plag,answer questions completely. There are 2 different discusiion questions from 2 different subjects. Please follow instructions.