In this assignment you will demonstrate your understanding of the learning objectives: Evaluate various assessment data the drives classroom instruction for the individual student and Describe the factors to consider when planning appropriate research-based instructional approaches for student with mild to moderate disabilities. Additionally, completion of this assignment represents an introduction to Course Learning Outcome 3 and MASE Program Learning Outcomes 1, and 4.
In order to create dynamic lesson plans that engage all students at their present levels of performance, instructional planning must be driven by formal and informal assessment results. Formal assessments include data collected through standard scores that are collected by trained professionals such as the school psychologist. This can include educational assessments such as Henry’s assessment in Week 3.
Informal assessments, on the other hand, are typically content-based and are administered by the teacher to measure a student’s achievement on classroom instruction. For example, can include a ‘thumbs up or thumbs down’, a morning warm-up of information from the day before, or a brief quiz at the end of a lesson. Teachers also assess students through informal observations by walking around the classroom during group activities and independent practice or during whole group instruction.
Mr. Franklin and you spend quite a bit of time together planning instruction to meet the needs of all your students. Because he is considered the content expert while you are the content delivery expert (access specialist), he looks to you for guidance on creative and engaging lesson plans that are determined by assessment data results and the student’s IEP written plan. The lesson you are creating must meet the needs of your 28 students, with seven who have been identified as having specialized academic and/or behavioral needs.
Choose three assessments from Informal Assessment Strategies (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. to rationalize how each one meets the needs of the students in your class.
- Using support from your assignment reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, your written paper will:
- Identify three informal assessments.
- Explain how the informal assessment you’ve chosen will accurately evaluate the needs of all the students in your class.
- Examine how the assessment results will inform instructional planning.
- Summarize at least one additional resource that provides more information on one of the three assessments you’ve chosen.
- Syntax and Mechanics: Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Source Requirement: Reference at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course textbook in order to provide compelling evidence to support your ideas.
- Page Requirement: Your submission must be two to three pages in length excluding a title and reference page.
- APA format: All in text citations, page format and references must be written in APA 6th edition format.