Assignment 2: International Marketing Plan
Due Week 8 and worth 220 points
You will use your chosen country (from the Discussions) for this Assignment. In addition to the country, you will reference the shoe manufacturing firm (introduced in the Discussions).
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Identify two (2) forms of market segmentation for your shoes, and support your choices. Then, identify two (2) target markets for each segment, and explain those choices. Note: A market segment (generally) is the group(s) the firm wants to market to; while the target market(s) is the specific market (e.g., city) that the segment(s) are located in.
- Give examples of four (4) actionable goals for your business as you embark on your mission to import shoes into your chosen country. Describe why each goal is important to the firm.
- Select the global product marketing program that you feel best suits your firm as a strategic alternative in your chosen country. Provide a rationale to support why you chose this program.
- Choose the global pricing policy that will best suit your firm and selected country. Support your decision for choosing such a policy.
- Choose the marketing channel alternative that will best suit your firm and selected country. Describe the function of each channel member.
- Describe the sales promotions that will be used entice both consumers and trade channel partners.
- Determine whether the firm will use salespeople or sales agents to promote and sell your products in the chosen country.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources for in-text citations in this assignment. Note that Wikipedia and similar type websites do not qualify as academic sources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Evaluate the considerations for product adaptation in foreign markets and common approaches to adjusting promotional strategy to fit foreign markets.
- Examine the process for market research to assess foreign market potential.
- Analyze the strategic marketing planning process, strategies for entering foreign markets, and considerations for subsequent market expansion.
- Determine the logistics and product distribution channel options available to support international marketing.
- Formulate the core marketing concepts into viable marketing strategies to support exporting and the full range of global marketing operations.
- Assess the key factors in price determination, alternative pricing strategies used in international marketing, and the common terms of sale and payment used in international marketing.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in international marketing.
- Write clearly and concisely about international marketing using proper writing mechanics.