Peak View Sound Sources is a public company based in Denver, Colorado and is focused on providing digital media and Web sites to music companies and musicians through the Mountain and West Coast regions. The company has a solid reputation and is starting to get some national and worldwide attention, with new prospective companies wanting to take advantage of the quality services they have seen on other existing Web sites.
Your company has been hired to assist Peak View Sound Sources (PVSS) to ascertain the security posture of the company’s Information Systems resources and services. You are heading the team of auditors tasked to perform the audit and assessment.
You enter the company offices of PVSS and begin your analysis of the environment and situation.
Initial analysis has allowed you to determine that the company is made up of the following divisions:
- Corporate Management and Support Staff: This organization contains the executive management, human resources, and accounting teams. All company decisions are directed from the management team.
- Information Technology: This team manages the networks, servers, Web sites, and desktop environments for the company. The team has a perception of being difficult to work with, as they are slow to adopt new technology and slow to implement new offerings. The reality is that the team has resources and wants to uptake the newest and greatest technology, but they spend most of their time putting out fires and reacting to issues.
- Media Content and Design: This team is in charge of working with the record companies and musicians to create the Web Sites and implement the product offerings that are sold.
- Sales and Marketing: This team works with the musicians and record companies to offer and sell the services of PVSS.
There is a concern about the security of the infrastructure with respect to the ability to protect the copyrighted material that PVSS is given to host, because a single incident several years ago took place in which an entire new CD was released prematurely via the Internet. Although PVSS was not directly linked to the leak, there are suspicions surrounding PVSS.
Your project lead has asked you to determine if PVSS has ever conducted an audit. After further investigation of the situation, you determine that this will be the first review that PVSS has conducted or to which it has been subjected. Your project lead has asked you to summarize your review and next steps.
In an e-mail of 2–3 pages to your project lead, complete the following:
- Explain what steps you will need to develop and establish to facilitate a successful audit.
- List and describe the steps and tasks required to implement an audit program.
- In addition, describe the audit class(es) that would be applicable to your contracted audit.
- Describe which information systems would be considered part of the scope for the audit.
Order Similar Assignment Now!
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered within 4 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.