As noted in the Final Paper Guidelines, your selected organization should remain consistent throughout the course. If your organization does not currently have global locations, you can discuss the challenges that could occur if the organization moved in the strategic direction of expanding business globally and requiring global information systems. For this assignment, write a two to three-page paper that addresses the challenges faced by your chosen organization in managing global information systems. Speak only to the challenges that apply to your chosen organization. Identify why these challenges are important and how the challenges impact business operations. Identify the solutions your organization has integrated to manage the challenges. Refer to our required reading, Managing Global Systems (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. as a source in addressing this assignment.
Global information systems face challenges in several areas including:
- Technological barriers
- Regulations and tariffs
- Electronic payment mechanisms
- Different language and culture
- Economic and political considerations
- Different measurement standards
- Legal barriers
- Different time zones
- Challenges involve both the firm’s Web site and other information systems
The Managing Global Information Systems assignment
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site..
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.