Project Organizational Design Summary and WBS
For this assignment, you will the evaluate different types of project management organizations, describe the role and responsibilities of a project manager, and analyze various aspects of team collaboration and stakeholder influences. Additionally, you will develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
Part 1: Project Organizational Design Summary Analysis
Develop a 4–5-page summary, including the following:
- Describe the project management organizational types and which one best describes the business or IT project that you selected in Part 1 of Assignment 2.
- Describe the project management performance metrics associated with your organization type.
- Describe the role and responsibilities of a project manager.
- Evaluate the aspects of project team dynamics, project communication techniques, and stakeholder influences.
- Evaluate project management software.
Part 2: Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) based on your selected business or IT project.
- WBS should include, at a minimum, four levels.
Reminder: Examples of business or IT project types:
- Examples of business projects include (but are not limited to): planning a company event, planning a traditional wedding, construction, or other projects with a business-oriented focus.
- Examples of IT projects include (but are not limited to): ERP implementation, Web site development, WAN design, IT security, et cetera.
- Written communication: Ensure written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Number of resources: At least 3 current scholarly or professional resources for Part 1.
- Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA guidelines for style and formatting.
- Length: 4–5 double-spaced pages for Part 1. WBS requires, at a minimum, four levels.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Submission: Be sure to include all parts in your submission.