Assignment 2: RA 1: Review of Information Sources
The purpose of this assignment is to draft a preliminary review of information sources for your applied research study. This assignment will be used to help you develop a draft prospectus. The review of information sources provides a summary of the history of your topic, recent research in the field, and other pertinent information sources relevant to the topic which may not be based on prior research (e.g., past handbooks or manuals, review of competitor’s manuals, other relevant documents, etc.). It should include information about theories, theorists, and a detailed explanation about why this area of research is important, as well as include information that is important or relevant to the specific organization and study. A review of information sources should read like a coherent essay instead of a list of article summaries (annotated bibliography).
Your information source review should include the following:
- Select publications that were published in the past 10 years.
- Major theorists in the area that have shaped your discipline and/or applied research topic.
- Identify a minimum of ten publications, including at least one applied research article.
- Select documents from the organization that provide information on past policies or practices relevant to the topic.
- Select documents from similar organizations within the field, such as competitors, that provide information on similar policies and practices relevant to the topic.
- Draft a clear paper describing the background and recent research about your topic.
- Explain why your research project is important to your field.
All written assignments and responses should follow APA rules for attributing sources. Your final paper will be a 3- to 8-page Microsoft Word document (excluding title and reference pages) written in APA 6th edition format and utilizing at least seven scholarly sources.
SUBJECT – EMPLOYEE MOTIVATION AND EFFECTS ON THE ORGANIZATION