Role of Managers
- Explain the functions, roles, and activities of managers. Research two companies within the last 3-years, not described in the book, and discuss what managerial characteristics were essential to lead change.
Write a 2-3+ page, double-spaced essay about classical, behavioral, and modern management approaches to leading.
- Give a brief history and the development of each theory.
- Discuss why the principles are important for managers in the workplace.
- Compare and contrast each theory.
- Give an example of how managers can use each approach to lead employees to change.