rite a 10- to 15- page double-spaced page final paper that MUST include the following:
- First-person writing (I, me) that blends objective details with reflexive reactions
- A variety of concrete and vivid images and details that involve the reader interspersed throughout the paper
- A cool title that expresses something about your subculture or field site
- An introduction that draws the reader into your paper
- Writing that shows your readers the field site rather than tells them about it
- Conversation summaries, quotes from informants, insider terms, stories, jokes, slogans, etc. that contribute to the overall picture you are creating interspersed throughout the paper
- A logical organization scheme that helps your readers understand your field site and your angle on it
- Information from a variety of interviews, as well as books, periodicals, and Internet resources interspersed throughout the paper
- An outsider or disagreeing viewpoint or opinion
- Proper in-text citation of books, periodicals, and Internet resources to triangulateyour study of the subculture.
- A conclusion that ties together all the aspects of your paper and experience
- A “References” page that lists all sources you used in your paper.
This paper must be typed. It must have one-inch margins, and 12-point style. It should make use of a title, paragraphs, transitions, standard grammar, appropriate word usage, and correct spelling. If you have questions about the final paper, please contact me.