Project #3: Technology Evaluation
Select one of the security technologies you identified in either P1 or P2. Research and evaluate its capabilities, costs, maintenance requirements, flexibility, and feasibility for implementation. The analysis should include pros and cons, potential barriers to success, vulnerabilities eliminated or reduced, convergence issues, first adopters (if the technology is new), and any other issues you deem important to consider. Use the technical evaluation methodology information obtained and discussed in previous courses such as CSIA 310 and/or 459.
1. Consult the grading rubric for specific content and formatting requirements for this assignment.
2. Your 5 – 8 page paper should be professional in appearance with consistent use of fonts, font sizes, margins, etc. You should use headings and page breaks to organize your paper.
3. Your paper should use standard terms and definitions for cybersecurity. See Course Content > Cybersecurity Concepts Review for recommended resources.
4. The CSIA program recommends that you follow standard APA formatting since this will give you a document that meets the “professional appearance” requirements. APA formatting guidelines and examples are found under Course Resources > APA Resources. An APA template file (MS Word format) has also been provided for your use CSIA_Basic_Paper_Template(APA_6ed,Nov2014).docx.
5. You must include a cover page with the assignment title, your name, and the due date. Your reference list must be on a separate page at the end of your file. These pages do not count towards the assignment’s page count.
6. You are expected to write grammatically correct English in every assignment that you submit for grading. Do not turn in any work without (a) using spell check, (b) using grammar check, (c) verifying that your punctuation is correct and (d) reviewing your work for correct word usage and correctly structured sentences and paragraphs.
7. You are expected to credit your sources using in-text citations and reference list entries. Both your citations and your reference list entries must follow a consistent citation style (APA, MLA, etc.).