Discussion—The Effective Human Resources Department
The qualities needed to make businesses competitive are changing in the global economy. Businesses must make their decisions make sense financially but also strive to balance financial goals with what is best for their employees and customers.
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the Internet, research the costs and benefits of companies having an effective HR department.
Examine the costs and benefits of a company managing the following factors:
- Employee diversity (including gender, age, race, education, experience, disability, religion, sexual orientation, or ethnicity)
Based on this information, respond to the following questions:
- What are the direct costs?
- What are the indirect costs?
- How are these elements measured?
- Are the programs instituted created voluntarily by the company or initiated for legal requirements?
- What steps are necessary to determine if managing each factor makes financial sense?
Present any applicable program examples you may have to support your arguments based on your current or previous work experiences.
By the due date assigned, post your response to the Discussion Area. Through the end of the module, review and comment on at least two peers’ responses.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation