After your review of Wheaties case, prepare responses to the following questions:
1. Why has Wheaties been so successful in the past? What key factors changed that success by the mid-2000s?
2. What are the causes of the problems Wheaties is experiencing?
3. What do you think of the consumer insights the Wheaties team uncovered?
4. What objectives and strategies would you recommend? What would you change/keep? Why?
Note: Replacing original Wheaties is not an option.
5. How would you execute your strategy? That is, what marketing levers would you use to accomplish your objectives?
6. What are the potential “watch-outs” (a term used throughout GMI) for the brand team?