TWO PART QUESTION
Answer questions on the White Privilege and Colorism Worksheet.
Answer worksheet and use answers from wrksheet to complete a 500 word summary comparing and contrasting white privilege and colorism.
Write a 350- to 700-word post comparing and contrasting White privilege and colorism, using the answers on the worksheet. Make sure to use the readings in your answer-it is a requirement.
- Color-blind racism. (2008). Encyclopedia of Race and Racism, 1, 348-352.
- White racial identity. (2008). Encyclopedia of Race and Racism, 221-223.
- Alsultany, E. A. (2014). Stereotyping of Arabs and Muslims persists after 9/11. Islamic Horizons, 43(6), 46-48.
- McFeeters, B. B. (2014, January). White privilege: The invisible advantages & apparent disadvantages. White Privilege, 1-7.
- Murji, K. (2003). Institutional racism. Dictionary of Race, Ethnicity & Culture, n/a.
- Offermann, L. R., Basford, T. E., Graebner, R., et al (2014). See no evil: Color blindness and perceptions of subtle racial discrimination in the workplace. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 20(4), 499-507.
- Seaton, E. K. (2009). Perceived racial discrimination and racial identity profiles among African American adolescents. Cultural Diversity and Ethnic Minority Psychology, 15(2), 137-144.
- Smith, J. (2013). Between colorblind and colorconscious: Contemporary Hollywood films and struggles over racial representation. Black Studies, 44(8), 779-797.Submit your assignment to the Assignment Files tab.
Please submit a Plagiarism Report as well. You may want to consult the UoP Library page (go to the Center for Writing Excellence) to do so. Here’a how one student described obtaining the Plagiarism Report: