Option #2: Pitching Your Story to the News Media
The Minnesota Zoo’s exhibit on insects will have a variety of bugs on display, but the main attraction will be a walk-through butterfly garden, in which a thousand butterflies will be feeding, resting, and emerging from cocoons. Write an email pitch to the following media to do a story on the exhibit:
- the lifestyle editor at the Minneapolis Tribune
- the assignment editor at a leading television station in the Twin Cities
Also describe what photographs and/or video, if any, you are including in the pitch. (You do not need to include actual photographs and video; just describe them.)
Your well-written paper should meet the following requirements:
- Use the readings from this or any other module in addition to two to three peer-reviewed articles/professional sources.
- Your paper should be 2-3 pages long, not including the title and reference pages.
- Format your paper in accordance with the CSU-Global Guide to Writing and APA.