Argumentative Essay (Phase 3)
Download this essay template to help you with the correct layout of your paper. Draft the first part of your essay (3–4 pages) according to the following:
- Begin with your revised opening paragraph. Make sure you are addressing the audience that you have identified for your paper.
- Write 3 body paragraphs (including at least 1 quotation, 1 summarization, and 1 paraphrase with corresponding in-text citations and references in APA format).
- Demonstrate knowledge of your audience and cultural competence with your writing (e.g., word choice and bias).
- Incorporate multimedia (use the examples provided in the intellipath lessons, or get approval from your instructor).
- Make sure you incorporate credible information sources (a minimum of 3; 1 of them a multimedia piece), and that they are cited in APA format.
Be sure your paper is in APA format (i.e., double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman font, with a running head and page numbering). The Title page, Abstract, and References page as well as any in-text citations must follow APA formatting requirements. Be sure to check your writing for the following writing elements: Grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading.