Create a word processing document titled “World War II.” Copy the following questions to your document and answer in complete paragraphs (5 to 7 sentences). Be sure your answers are in your own words and not just copied from the reading.
1. Describe the development of the war between 1939 and 1941. What was the situation in the war when the U.S. enters? In the Pacific? In Europe?
2. What was the major effect of WWII on the economy?
3. What were ways that the government made people support and feel involved in the war effort?
4. Who is Rosie the Riveter? What was the expectation about women working in the factories for when the war was over?
5. What were conditions like for the Japanese in the internment camps?
6. Explain the D-Day invasion and why it was important.
7. What was the issue and what did the U.S. Supreme Court decide in Korematsu vs United States?
8. What was the purpose and effect of the Nuremberg trials?
9. Compare and contrast the development and dropping of the atomic bomb with the development an execution of the Holocaust. In what ways are they similar or different in regards to their purpose, their development, the decision making process, and their results?